Newmar was created by RV enthusiasts, for RV enthusiasts. As a company, we were founded under a singular, distinct vision: to make the best motor coaches possible. That’s because our founders, Marvin Newcomer and Marvin Miller, knew how much well-made, functional, innovative recreational vehicles mean to the people who own them. They were motor coach enthusiasts themselves – and had experienced firsthand the passion and enthusiasm which a great motor coach can create.
We believe that a motor coach is more than just a vehicle. It should be your dreams come true. A passport to countless hours of fun with your families and friends. A road to a lifetime of cherished memories and new discoveries.
For over 40 years, we’ve applied our Christian principles to the creation of motor coaches that have enhanced the lifestyle of people all over the world. And we’ll continue to do that for countless generations to come. We take pride in every rivet, every weld, every mechanical function and aesthetic of design.
Our Amish/Mennonite Heritage
Newmar is a company built on Christian principles. Specifically, we honor the beginning of the Mennonite faith in 1525 under the guidance of Ulrich Zwingli, and the founding of the Amish fellowship under Jacob Amman in 1693.
Today, there are a number of theological tenets that distinguish the Amish and Mennonites, including:
- A Christian nonconformity, exemplified by an outward separation from the world, is of value, such as choosing to avoid modern amenities for personal use.
- Membership in the church and a declaration of one's faith on a voluntary basis and as an adult. This declaration signifies a devotion to Christ and the principles found in the Bible.
- The pervasiveness of the Bible. Both Amish and Mennonites adhere to simple obedience to the Scriptures and avoid liturgical ritual in their worship.
- A strong sense of community, which means helping one's neighbors, worshipping together and bearing the burdens of others.
- Forgiveness towards others. Peace with one's neighbors, whether down the road or across the oceans, is the preferred approach.
- The separation of church and state.
We are proud of our Christian heritage. And we are proud to say that we apply the principles discussed here to our manufacturing process.
Our Guiding Principles
The principles that our founders imparted upon us are the same principles that guide us today. They are the same principles that will guide us always. To reach our mission, we will conduct all of our business activities with our customers, employees, suppliers and financial institutions under the Christian principles of: